About this Policy
AgriFarm Pty Ltd (“AgriFarm” or “we” “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information it holds about individuals in accordance with the applicable laws. “Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by applicable law. AgriFarm has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the relevant Australian and New Zealand privacy laws.
This policy forms part of our Terms and Conditions for use of this website, which you should also read. Privacy statements in relation to this website and in relation to calls received by our Consumer Enquiries line are also incorporated into this policy.
Why does AgriFarm collect my personal information?
AgriFarm collects your personal information to allow it to perform its business functions. For example, AgriFarm may collect your personal information to enable you to participate in a AgriFarm promotion or to allow AgriFarm to market its current and future products and services to you.
What personal information does AgriFarm collect?
The types of personal information AgriFarm collects will depend on the nature of your dealings with AgriFarm and may (but does not always) include:
- Your name;
- Date of birth;
- Personal and/or work contact details (e.g. phone numbers and email addresses);
- Any information about you which you provide through promotions, competitions or customer surveys; and/or
- Payment details (e.g. credit card number).
If necessary, AgriFarm may also ask you to provide it with additional personal information from time to time, including when you call our Consumer Enquiries line.
What if you don’t provide AgriFarm the personal information it requires?
If you can’t, or won’t, provide AgriFarm with the personal information it reasonably requires, AgriFarm may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested.
How does AgriFarm collect my personal information?
AgriFarm tries to collect personal information directly from you. That collection generally occurs when you:
- Request information from, or have dealings directly with AgriFarm or one of its related companies;
- Participate in a competition or trade promotion conducted by AgriFarm or one of its related companies;
- Participate in a survey conducted by AgriFarm or one of its related companies;
- Purchase tickets or merchandise from a website operated by AgriFarm or one of its related companies;
- Access or request information from AgriFarm’s website or the website of one of its related companies; or
- Provide information to AgriFarm’s customer service call centre.
In some circumstances however, AgriFarm may also collect your personal information from third parties, but where it does so, it will ensure that it acts in accordance with relevant privacy laws.
AgriFarm will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which it collects your personal information.
How does AgriFarm use my personal information?
AgriFarm uses your personal information for purposes including (but not limited to):
- Providing you with the AgriFarm goods or services you request;
- Promoting and marketing AgriFarm’s current and future products and services to you;
- Informing you of upcoming events, special promotions and offers, discounts and other matters which AgriFarm considers may be of interest to you;
- Conducting research (including but not limited to client surveys) concerning AgriFarm’s current and future products or services; and
- To improve the operation or navigation of AgriFarm’s website.
AgriFarm may also use your personal information for other purposes not listed above which will be made clear to you at the time AgriFarm collects that information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
If AgriFarm uses your personal information for direct marketing purposes, all correspondence sent to you by AgriFarm will give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving any further direct marketing correspondence.
Will AgriFarm give your personal information to anyone else?
In providing you the information, goods or services you request, AgriFarm may be required to disclose your personal information to:
- AgriFarm’s related companies (including those located in Australia and New Zealand); and
- AgriFarm’s consultants, contractors and service providers performing services including (but not limited to) promotions agencies, advertising agencies, legal and accounting services, credit reporting, mail-house, transport, prize providers and printing services.
Other than those third parties referred to above, AgriFarm will not disclose your personal information to any other third party unless it has reasonable grounds to believe:
- You have authorised AgriFarm to do so;
- Your safety, or the safety of others in the community, is at risk; or
- AgriFarm is required or permitted by law to do so.
If AgriFarm provides your personal information to a third party, AgriFarm generally requires the third party to protect your personal information in the same way AgriFarm does.
Is my personal information secure?
AgriFarm takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is protected from risks such as loss, unauthorised access, use, destruction, modification or disclosure.
No data transmission over the internet is totally secure. As a result, any personal information you send to AgriFarm over the Internet (including via email) is sent at your own risk.
Your rights of access and correction
The accuracy of your personal information is important. AgriFarm takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that any personal information AgriFarm holds about you is incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have a general right to access the personal information AgriFarm holds about you. You may contact us at email@example.com to request details of your personal information. AgriFarm can deny your request in some circumstances and if it does so, will provide you with written reasons for that denial.
While there is no fee for requesting access to the personal information AgriFarm holds about you, AgriFarm reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you.
You also have the right to request the correction of personal information which AgriFarm holds about you. You may do so at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. AgriFarm does however reserve the right to refuse to correct your information in some circumstances. If AgriFarm refuses to correct any personal information about you, and subsequent agreement cannot be reached between the parties on this issue, you may request that a note or statement regarding the correction requested be attached to your personal information
AgriFarm Consumer Enquiries Privacy Statement
Calls to AgriFarm Consumer Enquiries (Calls) may be recorded for quality, training and verification purposes. Even if your Call is not recorded, (AgriFarm Consumer Enquiries) may collect personal information that you provide during the Calls. In relation to personal information provided during Calls, AgriFarm collects, uses and discloses personal information in the following ways:
- Customer Service: AgriFarm will use the personal information you provide during Calls to assist in answering your query or addressing your complaint. This may include using information you provide to contact you following the Call in response to your query or complaint.
- Quality: If your query or complaint relates to the quality of products or services provided by a AgriFarm stockist or distributor then the personal information may be used to address that issue with the stockist or distributor in question. Generally, it will not be necessary to identify you when the complaint is raised with the stockist and distributor. If it is necessary, we will seek your consent first.
- Training: AgriFarm may use the recording of the telephone conversation for internal training purposes.
- Verification: If you have a complaint in relation to the quality of AgriFarm products then AgriFarm may retain the recording of the telephone conversation for verification purposes. AgriFarm may also disclose the recording to third parties, including its professional advisors, in order to address the complaint or any action you may take in relation to the complaint.
How do I obtain more information or lodge a privacy complaint?
- Have any concerns or a complaint regarding AgriFarm’s privacy practices or its management of your personal information,
Please contact us at email@example.com
AgriFarm will endeavour to respond to you within 20 business days.